First post in June!
The theme is a lil bit scientific or futuristic. Hahhahahaha. I got the idea from Dailypost. 😉
Some questions to begin with:
If you were a
madscientist, what would you create?
If you could have one of Doraemon’s gadget, what would it be?
Well for me… the first thing that might pop out from my head is a teleportation pad or something similar with Doraemon’s Everywhere Door. I don’t know if I use the right name or not, but you know what I mean.
It would be awesome to have— I believe this is not impossible—a teleportation pad. As much as awesome a teleportation pad for us, it may cause some inevitable effects to our lifestyle—a lot of effects. Seriously a lot, I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and I can’t list them all here.
On the good sides:
- It will increase our safety and security level. From what? From car accident, from plane crash, from street robbery, natural disasters, and from anything that could be happened while you’re in the middle of your way to somewhere.
- Speaking of natural disasters, which happen more often now in every part of the world, nothing could be more valuable than a teleportation pad. How could it not?
- You will save a lot of money and energy. Travel cost will decrease dramatically. You can go anywhere without worrying accommodations and transportation, almost everywhere in this world is reachable. We can save petrol, we can reduce global warming, and so on. As I wrote this, I just realized that we could really save a lot of things.
On the downsides:
- It will make some lazy people like me gain weight in no time. I eat a lot and rarely do exercise. So, the only exercise I do every day is walking from my office to my home. You don’t need to worry about this. It’s just me. 😀
- I’m not really sure about what will happen to many airlines and transportation companies in this world. Will they go bankrupt? Or will they make such a new trend? Got it? No? Let me take you to my point of view. We used to travel by plane to reach a far place in shorter time. But our future generations might never experience that thing anymore. So the airline companies will create such a trend that makes flying in a plane become a pleasure activity that might cost you a lot of money. Another guess for future trends, anyone?
- It may also cause some issues in privacy. What if suddenly your neighbor pop out in your living room without early notification? Hmm… There should be a mechanism to prevent such things like that. Hahahah
- No more excuses. You will not have the chance to say something like “I don’t think I could make it there, it’s raining here,” or “Sorry I’m late. The road was blocked.”
So, considering the good, the bad, and the ugly, do you think a teleportation pad is good for us?
In my opinion, the benefits of a teleportation pad outweigh the downsides. So, why not? Use it wisely and everything should be fine.